The Department of European Union Affairs and Foreign Relations was established as a temporary working unit under the name of The Department of Foreign Relations and Coordinating on European Union under the Private Secretariat of the Ministry of Interior by the Ministerial Approval on 01.11.2000. Later, the Ministerial Approval dated 01.11.2000 was abolished on the basis of Ministerial Approval adopted on 26.02.2001 and according to the 16/b article of the Law Nr.3046 on Establishment and Assignment of the Ministries, The Unit continued to operate under the Board of Research and Planning. The substantive legal basis of the Unit has been granted on 17 August 2011 by the publication of the Official Gazette Nr. 2808, announcing the amendments made by the Decree Law Nr.649 on the articles of 8 and 13/b of the Organization of the Ministry of Interior Law and the Unit was referred as “the Department of European Union Affairs and Foreign Relations”.
The Fundamental Tasks and Duties of Our Department are listed below;
- Executing the relations of Ministry of Interior with European Union and ensuring coordination on European Union harmonization studies,
- Executing the relations of Ministry of Interior with foreign countries and international organizations and maintaining coordination,
- Conducting the project based financial resources provided by European Union, international organizations and other countries, monitoring and coordinating the projects implemented by the ministerial central organization and subsidiaries,
- Performing activities on protecting and improving the human rights within the ministerial duties and ensuring coordination between the Ministerial units on the related issues, carrying out activities on supervision mechanism of international agreements acceded by our country,
- While our Department carried out its activities at the Ministerial Central Building from its establishment to 2007, since 2007 our Department is performing its activities at the 4-storey building in the address Tunus Caddesi No:41.
www.diab.gov.tr > History
- 13 Mayıs 2015 ÇarşambaYazdır
Bu içeriği paylaş
AB ve Dış İlişkiler Dairesi Başkanlığı Tunus Caddesi No:41 Kavaklıdere ANKARA e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telefon: +90312 422 50 00 Faks: +90312 425 37 69 2009-2018